Is your house older than three decades? If yes, then it is very likely that it contains some form of Asbestos-containing material. To get confirmed about it, you need to get the house inspected by some authorized asbestos inspections Adelaide surveying company.
It will check your house and confirm the following things:
- Is asbestos present in the house?
- What is the condition the asbestos is in?
- How much is the risk of keeping it?
- How risky is it to remove the asbestos from the house?
A licensed asbestos assessor will plan a visit to your premises once the contract is finalized.
When should you get the asbestos inspection done?
Before you plan any renovation, it is essential to get the asbestos inspection done if the building is thirty-forty years old. The inspection will help to find out asbestos that requires to be removed or managed. Similarly, you may want to get it done before buying an old property in Adelaide. The inspection requires extra cost that should be born by the seller.
Sometimes, it is a statutory requirement to undertake a pre-demolition or pre-renovation survey. In all these situations, you need a certified surveyor to get the inspection done. As per regulations, the survey has to be carried out by a competent person.
Who should carry out the inspection?
It should be done by a person who is:
- Trained and experienced in taking asbestos samples
- Experienced and knowledgeable in finding out the presence of asbestos
- Able to determine the risk associated with it
- Expert in taking appropriate action
- Familiar with the building and construction methods
You can find out several service providers in Adelaide who give professional services for asbestos testing and removal. They have occupational hygienists in the team who are experienced people in removing asbestos. These licensed accessors are trained in asbestos identification.
Once they complete the inspection, they prepare a detailed report which includes:
- Details of the engineers conducting the survey
- Location of asbestos
- Material that is suspected of containing asbestos
- Results of laboratory testing
- Action to be taken (management or removal plan)
You are supposed to read the report and recommendations carefully. Ask the service provider doubts and questions, if any. Get the report and carry out the work of asbestos removal Adelaide as guided by the service provider. It will remove the asbestos in a risk-free manner.