Why do people praise naturopathic medicine? It is because naturopathic medicine is a complete approach for improving the overall health and treating ailments.
It follows the approach of diagnosis and treatment to prevent and treat health issues with the help of natural therapies.
A naturopath will analyze the health situation and determine the treatment option, which is right for you.
Since this method uses only natural remedies and medication, there are no side-effects as such.
One must remember that naturopathy is used to complement conventional medicine and not supplement it.
The goal of a naturopath is to offer remedies that cure the problem. Since the treatment is individualized, the naturopath must be expert to get maximum benefit.
What includes naturopathic treatment?
As mentioned earlier, it looks at the overall improvement. Hence, it is a holistic treatment method. First, the naturopath observes an association between health and diet.
If required, then a special diet is suggested- Nutritional supplements, including natural supplements like vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and other elements.
They also estimate the flow of energy and balance to determine what specific areas require attention.
Basic principles of naturopathy
- Healing power of nature: The naturopathy method finds out the self-healing process, which is an inherent gift of nature. This treatment believes that whenever, there is an imbalance in the body, one falls sick. Treatment methods can augment the self-healing.
- Find and treat the cause: A naturopath identifies and removes the inherent cause of the problem. It doesnâ€™t believe in suppressing symptoms only.
- First do not harm: Naturopathy follows three basic concepts: use the least force to diagnose and treat ailments, no harmful suppression of symptoms, respect the self-healing process of the body.
- The doctor is teacher: In naturopathy, the doctor plays a much significant role than conventional medicine. This therapy believes that the doctor is a teacher. He encourages the person to become self-responsible for health.
- Treat the person as a whole: Naturopathy doctor treats each patient by considering the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of the patient. Also, environmental, social and genetic factors should be considered. The concept of naturopathy gives equal emphasis on spiritual health as well. It believes that mind and body are closely associated.
- Prevention is better than cure: When you prevent the ailment, it is always better. Risk factors can be reduced by assessing risk factors, heredity issues, and susceptibility.
Thus, naturopathic medicine is a healing art, not just a treatment.
If you are looking for Naturopath in Adelaide then your search ends here. The Highbury Natural Health Centre offers natural medicine towards your diseases. Call today on 08 8395 2836 to speak to an experienced naturopath and arrange a consultation in Adelaide and surrounding areas.