The air conditioning needs of every home are different. They depend on where you live, how is the climate and how are the surroundings.
Based on that you will be choosing Adelaide air conditioning solutions.
Choosing the right type of air conditioner for your home can be a daunting task. It is quite confusing because there are so many options in the market.
You will make a list of priorities to select the best AC unit that serves your purpose the best. In this blog, there are some very important and useful tips to pick an air-conditioner that suits your pocket and gives the best air conditioning in Adelaide.
3 important tips to choose long-lasting AC unit
#1 – Select the air-conditioner type first
There are four basic types of air conditioners to choose from:
- Wall/window: It is a low-cost solution. It is usually installed in a window or external wall.
- Split-system: It has two parts – an indoor unit connected by pipes, and an outdoor compressor unit. It can cool one or more rooms.
- Multi-split: It has one outdoor unit connected to two or more indoor units. These units offer a great way to cool or heat two or three adjacent rooms.
- Ducted: Ducted air conditioner is the most expensive of all. It has a central unit and various ducts to air outlets and sensors in each room.
To select the most-fit solution, you need the help of air conditioning contractors in Adelaide. They will understand the need and suggest the right system.
#2 Calculate the capacity
Air-conditioning capacity is calculated in kW or Kilowatts. Rooms with smaller dimensions need a system of 2.5kW capacity. Larger rooms may need 6kW or more. An expert that provides air conditioning in Adelaide can guide you in capacity calculation. Parameters that are required for exact calculation:
- Size and types of the room
- Orientation of windows and glasses
- Shading and curtains
- Level of insulation.
#3 Check the features and functions
What type of features and functions do you need? For example, do you need reverse cycle air conditioning in Adelaide? Or you are looking for a star-rated AC unit? Or do you need a system with excellent thermostat settings? Generally, you set your desired room temperature only. The thermostat measures the indoor temperature and adjusts the air conditioner output accordingly. All these things will affect the longevity of your AC unit.
Put some time and energy into selecting the best air-conditioner that gives you smooth service year after year.