Cost to fit air conditioning Adelaide
It is not easy to live without air-conditioners nowadays. However, it is not cheap to buy and maintain it. Several factors contribute to consider the overall cost of Air Conditioning Adelaide.
In this blog, we will check the specific aspects and estimated prices to find out the approximate cost. To remind you, these are ballpark figures. You must check the latest price list before deciding.
Major factors that can impact:
- Number of units to be installed
- Piping and cabling cost
- Cable ducting
- Upgrade of the electrical system
- Labor charges and electrician’s fee
How to calculate the cost?
Normally, air-conditioner installers charge by the hour. In general, you can expect the prices in the below range:
- When you call a technician for standard domestic air-conditioning, the charge will be 60 to 100 dollars per hour. GST is calculated on and above that.
- The charges for commercial air-conditioning are different. They are between 80$ and 150$ per hour. GST is calculated on and above that.
The cost of installation differs from state to state, but we give a price guideline based on various sources including the Internet.
For a Split type of air-conditioner of size below 4W, the installation charges are around 600$.
For a split type of air-conditioner of size between 4W and 8W, the installation charges are around 700$.
For a split type of air-conditioner of size more than 8W, the installation charges are around 800$.
For big, industrial systems, the charges are quite high. It depends on the size, type, and complexity of the system.
Cost of air-conditioner
So far, we have considered the installation cost only. Now let’s have a look at the purchase price of the unit. Of course, it is higher than the installation cost of Air Conditioning Adelaide.
Again, the purchase cost also depends on the type, size, and complexity of the system. A few ballpark figures are:
- Split air-conditioners are available in the 500$ to 2800$ price range.
- Reverse system air-conditioners are available in the 800$ to 3000$ price range.
- Wall or window system is available in the 400$ to 1200$ price range.
- Portable air conditioners are similar to wall or window systems. They are also available in the 400$ to 1200$ range.
- Ducted air-conditioners are the costliest ones. They are usually 5000$ and more (including unit and installation cost).
The bottom line is, ask your retailer about the costs involved in the installation. It is better if you shop around and get quotes from different providers.