Indeed, you pay a lot of attention to the quality of roller shutters while buying. However, no matter how particular you are while installing the best roller shutter Adelaide, you can’t ignore the maintenance part. Wear and tear are inevitable after using it, and only proper care ensures the long life of roller shutters. It is possible to minimize it by taking good care.
If you read the user instruction manual carefully, then there are tips and suggestions given for roller shutter maintenance in Adelaide.
Here are some important notes that you must know.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean window shutters with blinds. Thus, they remain free from dust. The only precaution is to use a low-power motor. Roller shutters are fragile, and they might get damaged if the pressure is high.
- Roller shutter doors should be cleaned every six months. And this cleaning has to be thorough and complete. Use detergent to wipe the shutters and water to rinse. Rags can be used for making them dry. Thus, moisture doesn’t damage the metal.
- It is essential to lubricate the moving parts after cleaning. Thus, rollers do not lose the smoothness of movement. The guide rails, hinges, springs, pulley bearing, steel rollers; every moving part has to be lubricated.
- Use the right type of lubricant. Never use oil. Only industry standard lubricants are recommended. Substandard lubricants will cause rust in the joints. A silicone compound lubricant is recommended by experts. Silicone spray ensures smooth and quiet operations. Also, it protects the roller tracks and prolongs their life.
- Cleaning and greasing need to be done once a year. It is better if you do it after six months.
- Jammed or stiff roller shutters should never be opened forcefully. Any forcible attempt could damage it. In case you find any damage, then immediately repair it.
- All automatic roller shutters in Adelaide should be set in manual mode after every six months. Why is it recommended? It ensures smooth movement.
- The best thing is to give annual maintenance contract of roller shutters. In the majority of the cases, the installation company offers an annual maintenance contract. If it is not there, then you can hire any other freelancing company.
- A registered company follows standardized products and services to maintain the good health of roller shutters. The shutters will give relentless and trouble-free service year after year.
If you want the shutters to be in the perfect balance and move smoothly, then maintain them well. These maintenance tips are effective.