Rolling shutters roll down to cover a door or window. This type of shutter is primarily used for protection against wind and rains. They also serve as a great barrier of noise and are great insulators. They also protect windows against hail damage. However, as the roller shutters Adelaide involve many mechanical and moving parts, there are a number of chances for the shutters not to function properly. It requires a huge investment in installing a rolling shutter. So, if the shutters are maintained properly and repaired as they are needed, they will last for longer period of time. Below here are few common problems that require repair with roller shutters.
Common Problems That Require Repair
- Malfunction In The Function Of The Motors: If you are using an electric shutter then malfunctioning of its motors means no working of it at all. The motor stops before the shutter is closed completely and moreover unpleasant sound comes out from the motor. You can hire a technician to figure out what the problem is and repair your shutter quickly.
- Obstruction Or On The Tracks: It can be fixed simply if there is dirt which is obstructing the tracks of your shutters, all you have to do is clean the tracks properly. However during the times of installation of the shutter some metal shards or other remains are left behind which become an obstruction on the track of the shutter. In such cases, the obstruction can be cleaned out with ease. You can replace the worn and corroded guides.
- Doors That Open Partly: This type of problem occurs if the down limit of the shutter is not set correctly or the proximity sensors have been damaged. All such problems occur due to the poor attendance at the time of installation. You can hire a technician for such problems which is an easy fix for them.
- Shutter Doors That Have Buckles: The buckles in the shutter door occur due to the poor quality of the materials and are easily damaged easily damaged from bad weather. If you have a high budget then you can replace the full system or if the budget is low then replace the dented panels only.
- Shutters Do Not Open: If your shutter is not opening at all then this can be due to a number of problems. Ranging from old rusted chains to malfunctioning of motors or obstructions in the tracks. However, once the cause of the problem is figured out, it can be fixed easily.
Repairing of shutters is a whole other thing than any other household material. You must have the right tools and technique. However, some of the fixes can be done by you while some require a technician. Do not try to fix them by yourself or will end up damaging it more.